Carrot Breakfast Cookies from Fall Body Well Recipe Guide
Makes 12 cookies
Serving Size: 2 cookies
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 cup raw pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup oil of your choice
- In a blender or food processor, blend the oats until they are a flour-like substance.
- Add baking powder, & spices to blend.
- Add the syrup, oil, carrots, pecans, and raisins to the bowl & blend. The dough should appear wet.
- Drop 1/4 cup dough onto your prepared baking sheet & gently flatten each cookie to about 3/4-inch thick.
- Bake until the cookies at 375 degrees until they are golden and firm around the edges, so about 15 minutes.
- Cool the cookies 10 minutes.
This photo was taken by Sarah Holder, a FIT4MOM instructor from SE Fairfield County, CT